Harry Connick ,Jr. "Your Songs" Review

Posted by Felicia Tuesday, October 6, 2009, under | 1 comments
The new Harry Connick, Jr. CD, "Your Songs" is one an album I have been REALLY looking forward to, so when I found out I was selected to review it I was bursting at the seams! I have always loved his voice in the past- so smooth and jazzy along with a great band- I couldn't believe I got to check it out first-hand!

I received it about a week ago and I can't stop listening to it. The album has the great sounds of his big band music and the soft comforting voice that Harry Connick, Jr. offers. This album is truly "comfort" music to me. After a long busy day of babysitting, errands, and housekeeping, this is a great album to wind down with.

There is quite a variety of songs available on the CD, including many favorites that everyone will recognize and a few new ones that I had never heard before.
They really take you back to simpler times, which is a thing I love and makes it so relaxing. All of his music on this cd was arranged,orchestrated and conducted by Harry Connick, Jr. himself, a fact that brings his personality even more into this album and it really comes through in his music. The songs on this CD are classic and I can't help but sing along, I love it!



"Your Songs" Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):

All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
(Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So
(Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)


Check out a few other Harry Connick, Jr. links here:
Behind the Scene look at ‘Making of’ the album: http://bit.ly/HCJrVideo
Harry’s website: http://www.harryconnickjr.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/harryconnickjr



Thank you so much One2One Network and Harry Connick, Jr. for providing me with the product and information and this great opportunity to share my honest review and thoughts on this new album! ~Felicia

One Response to "Harry Connick ,Jr. "Your Songs" Review"

  1. Renee L. Says:

    Definitely worth checking into! Great song list and I like jazz. I've just not heard him sing as yet. lol