Review: KT Tunstall "Tiger Suit"

Posted by Felicia Friday, October 22, 2010, under , , , | 0 comments

I was so excited to be contacted by One2One Network for another great CD review! I was sent the Harry Connick JR CD a while back and it was a lot of fun and best of all FREE! :)

So, this time I was given the opportunity to review KT Tunstall's new album "Tiger Suit". For anyone who has not heard of her before, you may recognize her from "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", "Suddenly I See", "Other Side of the World" or "Hold On". I love all of those songs so that made me even more excited to receive her new album!


Overview(from One2One):
Tiger Suit heralds the beginning of a new musical adventure for KT. Organic instrumentation is blended with dance-friendly textures, the results of which she has dubbed “Nature Techno” to encapsulate the album’s collision of raw, upfront rootsiness and sleek electronic textures.

The album's rollicking first single, “Fade Like A Shadow" is available at digital retailers now and is already at Top 20 hit at radio. Check out the video here.

My thoughts:
I have to admit when I first received the CD in the mail I was a bit surprised by the look of it. It is essentially a cardboard case. At first I did not like it because I thought it would be easily demolished in my messy, throw things around home, but I have to admit I think it's a great idea now. It is made of 60% PCW recycled paper and is super skinny so it will fit in nicely with my full row of other CD's, it takes up very little space. Inside there is a booklet with all of KT's songs listed along with the lyrics, a plus in my mind. I love having the lyrics right there at my fingertips!

I popped the CD into my computer and as it loaded I saw on the back that it has 11 songs, all of which are a good length. I love when a CD has more than 10 songs, I feel like I get my money's worth and the CD isn't over too fast after I put it in my player.

As the CD started the first song I knew it would be my kind of CD. The song was upbeat and "must dance" music. Exactly what I need to get through a long day. Nothing moves cleaning the house along faster than dancing while I dust the blinds or bopping around the kitchen as I mop. Each song has a new beat and I am truly in love with the CD. It will be one that will remain in my computer for a long time!

Want more KT Tunstall? Check these out!
Twitter
Facebook
Tiger Suit Album Preview
KT's Website

Get It:
Buy KT's new CD "Tiger Suit" anywhere Albums are sold or buy it on Amazon.com

Discloser: I was sent this CD to review through One2One Network but I always share my own honest opinions.

One Response to "Review: KT Tunstall "Tiger Suit""